I was doing my weekly errand to Walmart and when I pass by the Beans Section immediately the first thing that came to my mind is “Menudo(FIlipino Style)”. I wanted to shake things up a little bit and change the garbanzo with beans. I grab the Bush Best Great Northern Beans but then I saw all the variety of beans that Bush Best offered and I ended up doing a main dish and a dessert.
- 3 1/4 cups water
- 1 tsp annatto powder
- 1 tbs canola oil
- 1 medium size onion, peeled and chopped
- 2 to 3 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- 1 pound boneless pork shoulder, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 5 tomatoes, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce(Patis)
- 1 medium potato, peeled and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 6 baby carrot, peeled and cut into cube
- ½ cup Bush Best Great Northern Beans
- ¼ cup raisins
- ½ cup liver, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 small red bell pepper, seeded and cut into 1-inch cubes
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a small bowl, dissolve annatto powder in ¼ cup water. Set aside.
- In a pot over medium heat, heat the canola oil. Add onions and garlic and cook, stirring occasionally. Add pork and cook until lightly browned. Add fish sauce and cook for about 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add tomatoes and cook until softened. Add the remaining 3 cups water and the annatto water and bring to boil. Lower heat, cover and cook for about 30 to 35 minutes or until pork is tender.
- Add potatoes, carrots, Bush Best Great Northern Beans and raisins. Continue to simmer for around 4 to 5 minutes or until potatoes and carrots are tender. Add liver and bell peppers and cook for another 3 to 5 minutes or until liver is cooked through and sauce is thickened. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Serve hot.
Voila! Dinner is served
The taste resemble the authentic Menudo my Mom and Grandma use to cook back in the Philippines. Bush Bean Great Northern Beans will definitely be a go to for our cooking from now on.
HALO HALO WITH BUSH BEANS
I wanted to check if the Bush Beans would also work on our dessert so I grab the Bush Best Great Northern Beans and Bush Best Black Beans for my Halo Halo Recipe.
- 1 can Bush Best Great Northern Beans
- 1 can Bush Best Black Beans
- 1 jar Nata de Coco
- 1 jar Sago
- 1 can Evaporated Milk
- 10 tbs sugar
- 2 cup water
- Shaved Ice
- Wash the Bush Best Great Northern Beans and Bush Best Black Beans and drain.
- In a small pot on medium heat, put the Bush Best Great Northern Beans 5 tbs sugar and 1 cup water. Cook for 10 mins. Let cool
- In a small pot on medium heat, put the Bush Best Black Beans 5 tbs sugar and 1 cup water. Cook for 10 mins. Let cool
- In a tall glass, put 2 tbs spoon of Bush Best Great Northern Beans, Bush Beans Black Beans, Sago and Nata de Coco.
- Add shave Ice
- Drizzle with evaporated milk. Serve Cold